ALABAMA STATUTES AND CODES
Chapter 9 — FUGITIVES FROM JUSTICE, EXTRADITION AND DETAINERS.
- Section 15-9-1 Information leading to arrest and conviction - Crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment.
- Section 15-9-2 Information leading to arrest and conviction - High crime or misdemeanor committed in municipality.
- Section 15-9-3 Governor may offer reward for apprehension or rearrest of perpetrator of felony or escaped, etc., felon.
- Section 15-9-4 Deciding of claims to rewards by courts.
- Section 15-9-20 Definitions.
- Section 15-9-30 Duty of Governor to have arrested and deliver foreign fugitive.
- Section 15-9-31 Form of demand.
- Section 15-9-32 Investigation of demand.
- Section 15-9-33 What supporting documents to show.
- Section 15-9-34 Surrender of person committing act in Alabama resulting in crime in another state.
- Section 15-9-35 Arrest warrant - Issuance; contents.
- Section 15-9-36 Arrest warrant - Authorization to arresting officer.
- Section 15-9-37 Authority of arresting officer to command assistance; refusal to assist arresting officer.
- Section 15-9-38 Right of arrestee to be informed; application for writ of habeas corpus; penalty for violation of section.
- Section 15-9-39 Confinement of prisoner.
- Section 15-9-40 Arrest prior to requisition.
- Section 15-9-41 Arrest without warrant - When authorized; persons authorized to make arrest; appearance of accused before judge.
- Section 15-9-42 Arrest without warrant - Commitment to jail or admission to bail.
- Section 15-9-43 Arrest without warrant - When accused to be admitted to bail; conditions of bail.
- Section 15-9-44 Arrest without warrant - Failure to arrest accused on Governor's warrant within time specified.
- Section 15-9-45 Arrest without warrant - Forfeiture of bail.
- Section 15-9-46 When prosecution already instituted in Alabama.
- Section 15-9-47 Inquiry into guilt or innocence of accused.
- Section 15-9-48 Constraint on use for collection of debt, demand or claim.
- Section 15-9-49 Recall of warrant or issuance of alias.
- Section 15-9-60 Warrant for fugitives from Alabama.
- Section 15-9-61 Application by district attorney to Governor for requisition; filing and forwarding of papers and requisition.
- Section 15-9-62 Payment of expenses of returning accused to Alabama; fees and expenses of officers.
- Section 15-9-63 Exemption from process in civil actions.
- Section 15-9-64 Trial for crimes other than those specified in requisition.
- Section 15-9-65 Fees and expenses of sheriff when accused returns without requisition.
- Section 15-9-80 Short title.
- Section 15-9-81 Adoption and text of agreement on detainers.
- Section 15-9-82 Right of prisoner to final disposition of untried indictments, etc., pending against him; duty of official having custody of prisoners to inform prisoners of untried indictments, etc.;
- Section 15-9-83 Action by official having custody of prisoner upon receipt of request for final determination.
- Section 15-9-84 Time within which indictment, etc., to be brought to trial; continuances; failure to bring indictment, etc., to trial within specified time.
- Section 15-9-85 Escape by prisoner after request filed.
- Section 15-9-86 Article inapplicable to mentally ill persons.
- Section 15-9-87 Notice to prisoners of provisions of article.
- Section 15-9-88 Construction of article.
- Section 15-9-100 Transfer of foreign nationals imprisoned in Alabama to country of citizenship.
Alabama Forms by Issue
Alabama State Laws
Alabama Court Map