28-3473. Driving violations; classification;
restricted privilege to drive
(L10, Ch. 185, sec. 1. Eff. 1/1/11)
A. A person who drives a motor vehicle on a public highway when the person's
privilege to drive a motor vehicle is suspended, revoked, canceled or refused or when the
person is disqualified from driving is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.
B. Except for a suspension pursuant to section 28-1601 or 28-3308, on receipt of a
record of the conviction of a person under this section, the department shall notify a
person who is eligible for a restricted privilege to drive pursuant to this section that
the person is eligible. The department shall issue a license that restricts the person's
privilege to drive as follows:
1. Between the person's place of employment and residence during specified periods
of time while at employment.
2. Between the person's place of residence, the person's place of employment and
the person's secondary or postsecondary school according to the person's employment or
3. Between the person's place of residence and a screening, education or treatment
facility for scheduled appointments.
4. Between the person's place of residence and the office of the person's probation
officer for scheduled appointments.
5. Between the person's place of residence and the office of a physician or other
health care professional.
6. Between the person's place of residence and a certified ignition interlock
device service facility.
C. On application, the department shall issue a driver license that restricts a
person's privilege to drive pursuant to subsection B of this section and that is valid
for one year only if all of the following apply:
1. The person has completed all requirements of the sentence imposed by the court.
2. The person has satisfied all suspension periods imposed on the person's driver
license as a result of the conviction of or a finding of responsibility for a violation
of any provision of this title except this section.
3. The person pays the applicable reinstatement fee prescribed by section 28-3002.