State Codes and Statutes

State Codes and Statutes

Statutes > North-carolina > Chapter_18B > GS_18B-1007

§18B‑1007.  Additional requirements for mixed beverages permittees.

(a)        Purchases. – Amixed beverages permittee may purchase spirituous liquor for resale as mixedbeverages and a guest room cabinet permittee may purchase spirituous liquor forresale from a guest room cabinet only at an ABC store designated by a localboard and only with a purchase‑transportation permit issued by that localboard under G.S. 18B‑403 and 18B‑404.

(b)        Handling Bottles. –It shall be unlawful for a mixed beverages permittee or the permittee's agentor employee to do any of the following:

(1)        Store any otherspirituous liquor with liquor possessed for resale in mixed beverages or from aguest room cabinet.

(2)        Refill anyspirituous liquor container having a mixed beverages tax stamp with any otheralcoholic beverage, or add to the contents of such a container any otheralcoholic beverage.

(3)        Transfer from onecontainer to another a mixed beverages tax stamp.

(4)        Possess anycontainer of spirituous liquor not bearing a mixed beverages tax stamp, exceptfor containers being brought onto the premises by the host of a privatefunction under a special occasion permit.

(c)        Price List. – Eachmixed beverages permittee shall have available for its customers the printedprices of the most common or popular mixed beverages offered for sale by thepermittee. Violation of this subsection shall not be a criminal offense, butshall be punishable under G.S. 18B‑104.

(d)        When a temporarymixed beverages permit has been issued to a new permittee for the continuationof a business at the same location, the permittee going out of business maysell existing mixed beverages inventory to the new permittee, and theCommission may request that the local ABC board restamp the inventory with themixed beverages tax stamp assigned by the local board to the new mixedbeverages permittee. (1981, c. 412, s. 2; c. 746, s. 2; 1981 (Reg. Sess.,1982), c. 1262, s. 20; 1989, c. 800, s. 15; 1991, c. 565, ss. 6, 7; 1991 (Reg.Sess., 1992), c. 920, s. 8; 1995, c. 466, s. 13.)