State Codes and Statutes

State Codes and Statutes

Statutes > North-carolina > Chapter_7B > GS_7B-3500

Article 35.


§ 7B‑3500.  Who maypetition.

Any juvenile who is 16 yearsof age or older and who has resided in the same county in North Carolina or onfederal territory within the boundaries of North Carolina for six months nextpreceding the filing of the petition may petition the court in that county fora judicial decree of emancipation. (1979, c. 815, s. 1; 1998‑202,s. 6.)