State Codes and Statutes

State Codes and Statutes

Statutes > Wisconsin > 612 > 612.32


612.32 Territory. No town mutual may insure any risks located outside the territory authorized in its articles, except:


(1) Real property outside territory. Town mutuals may insure real property and contents in villages and cities partially located in the specified territory, real property and contents owned by a member immediately adjoining and contiguous to land owned by the same member which is within the specified territory, and real property and contents used exclusively by the member and his or her family for recreational purposes.


(2) Temporary removal.


(a) Farm property. A town mutual may provide coverage for livestock, farm products, farm machinery and farm vehicles while temporarily located, for a period not exceeding 6 months, outside its territory, subject to limitations in the policy or in the articles or bylaws with respect to the distance from the territory to which the property may be removed without suspension of the coverage.


(b) Household property. A town mutual may provide coverage for household goods and effects and other personal property while temporarily removed from the location stated in the policy, whether within or outside the town mutual's territory.


(3) Nonproperty coverage. A town mutual may write nonproperty insurance under s. 612.31 (3) without regard to its territorial limits provided the coverage is included in a policy providing principally coverage under s. 612.31 (1) on property within its territory.


(4) Proportional insurance and reinsurance. Nothing in this section prevents a town mutual from participation in proportional insurance or reinsurance under s. 612.31 (5) or (6).

612.32 - ANNOT.

History: 1973 c. 22; 1979 c. 102 s. 236 (13); 1979 c. 110 s. 60 (11); 1979 c. 355; 1981 c. 218; 1985 a. 189.