MISSISSIPPI STATUTES AND CODES
Chapter 47 - Mississippi Vulnerable Adults Act.
- 43-47-1 - Short title.
- 43-47-3 - Legislative purpose.
- 43-47-5 - Definitions.
- 43-47-7 - Reporting abuse, neglect, or exploitation; establishment of central register; confidentiality.
- 43-47-8 - Reporting of money, gift, or valuable received or accepted by care facility employees; record maintenance; penalties.
- 43-47-9 - Investigations and evaluations; cooperation of physicians and other health and welfare personnel; contracts with agencies and private physicians.
- 43-47-11 - Protective services plans; interference by caretaker; effect of lack of consent by vulnerable adult.
- 43-47-13 - Provision of services to vulnerable adult lacking capacity to consent; petition for injunctive relief, hearing, and order; appointment of guardian or conservator.
- 43-47-15 - Provision of services to alleviate an imminent danger; entry upon premises pursuant to court order; immunity from liability of petitioner acting in good faith.
- 43-47-17 - Right to bring motion for review of order.
- 43-47-18 - Sexual battery of vulnerable adult by health care employees or persons in position of trust or authority; fondling vulnerable adult by health care employees or persons in position of trust
- 43-47-19 - Prohibition against abuse, neglect, or exploitation; penalties; relation to other laws.
- 43-47-21 - Payment for services; orders to provide custody, care, and maintenance.
- 43-47-23 - Authority to seek cooperation of organizations and agencies.
- 43-47-25 - Immunity of department employees from liability.
- 43-47-27 - Adoption of standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- 43-47-29 - Appointment of conservator pursuant to Section 93-13-251.
- 43-47-31 - Objection to provision of services on privacy grounds; persons receiving treatment by spiritual means; objection to medical treatment.
- 43-47-33 - Education program.
- 43-47-35 - Implementation of chapter if federal funds become available.
- 43-47-37 - Reporting of abuse and exploitation of patients and residents of care facilities.
- 43-47-39 - Vulnerable adults training, investigation and prosecution trust fund created; purpose; funding.
Mississippi Forms by Issue
Mississippi State Laws
Mississippi Court Map