State Codes and Statutes

State Codes and Statutes

Statutes > California > Fam > 4630-4632

SECTION 4630-4632

4630.  (a) Upon an obligor-parent's failure, within the time
specified by the court, to make reasonable efforts to cure the
default in child support payments or to comply with a court-approved
payment plan, if payments continue in arrears, the deposit holder
shall, not less than 25 days after providing the obligor-parent or
parents with a written notice served personally or with return
receipt requested, unless a motion or order to show cause has been
filed to stop the use or sale, use the money or sell or otherwise
process the deposited assets for an amount sufficient to pay the
arrearage and the amount ordered by the court for the support
currently due for the child for whom support may be ordered.
   (b) Assets deposited pursuant to an order issued under Article 2
(commencing with Section 4610) shall be construed as being assets
subject to levy pursuant to Article 6 (commencing with Section
701.510) of Chapter 3 of Division 2 of Title 9 of Part 2 of the Code
of Civil Procedure. The sale of assets shall be conducted in
accordance with Article 6 (commencing with Section 701.510) and
Article 7 (commencing with Section 701.810) of Chapter 3 of Division
2 of Title 9 of Part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
   (c) The deposit holder may deduct from the deposited money the sum
of one dollar ($1) for each payment made pursuant to this section.

4631.  (a) An obligor-parent may file a motion to stop the use of
the money or the sale of the asset under this article within 15 days
after service of notice on the obligor-parent pursuant to Section
   (b) The clerk of the court shall set the motion for hearing not
less than 20 days after service of the notice of motion and the
motion on the person or county officer to whom support has been
ordered to have been paid.

4632.  An obligor-parent alleged to be in arrears under this article
may use any ground set forth in Section 4612 as a basis for filing a
motion under Section 4631 to stop a sale or use of assets under this